Thursday, August 25, 2011

I, Molvolio

Meetings, meetings, meetings, a Scottish Dance Theatre triple bill and I got to see I, Malvolio after all.

For me, dance has got to have great music. If the choreography is good but the music isn't, then I'm not really interested. Happily, all three pieces scored well: 5 mins of Handel, 15 mins of Sparklehorse, and for the main piece, 30 mins of Nouvelle Vague, Goldmund and Philip Glass. 

A colleague gave me a ticket for I, Molvolio, so I got to see it after all. It's the fourth one-man play Tim Crouch has done on 'Shakespeare from the perspective of a lesser-known character', Molvolio being the humiliated steward in Twelfth Night. I think I preferred I, Peaseblossom, the fairy in Midsummer Night's Dream, but it's a joy to watch Crouch perform in anything.    

No comments:

Post a Comment