Friday, August 5, 2011

Evening write-off

Pretty much all day spent interviewing people for a new position which will help relieve some of the UK Now workload, followed by a teleconference with London and then a mad rush-hour dash on the underground to the Forbidden City Concert Hall for a concert by the West Eastern Divan Orchestra conducted by 'Maestro' Daniel Barenboim (how I hate that word). But I get the FC Concert Hall mixed up with Beijing Concert Hall. The police have cordonned off a pedestrian route back (can't be for Barenboim, must be the Premier) so I can't walk back. By this time I've missed the start so give up and go home the way I came, by sweaty overcrowded tube. Watch Red Sorghum (Zhang Yimou's first film) which is bleak, depressing and, overall, disappointing. Ah well, the weekend beckons.  

No comments:

Post a Comment