Friday, May 13, 2011

Academy of Ancient Music

Pleasant evening after madly busy day winding down in the company of the patrons of the Academy of Ancient Music. The orchestra is touring East Asia and a dozen of their supporters have come to China on a special package which combines tourism and AAM's (not AMM's) concert at the Egg tomorrow. Tonight the Deputy Ambo and I host a dinner for them and some Chinese contacts. The patrons, usually retired, are invariably interesting and from all walks of life; on my left a successful child-psychologist, on my right an American lady who had been at the vanguard of the computer industry in the 70s and 80s. 

Sadly I will miss their performance tomorrow. I will also miss a couple of very enticing concerts in London: a Mute weekend at the Roundhouse, and Nurse With Wound at Koko. While last night I could have picked from ether Tony Conrad at Corsica Studios or a special evening of Robert Wyatt music at the QEH. So much choice.    

No comments:

Post a Comment