Saturday, July 24, 2010

West Witterings

A day at the beach with Patrick, Tricia & Catherine. P&I used to come here a lot in our youth. It's a pretty fabulous beach, particularly the western end where the outgoing tide leaves great expanses of sand and wide, shallow pools of water. Today the tide is in but there was still room for sandcastles and frisbee. We brought a picnic, I had an 'invigorating' swim, and we could see the Isle of Wight quite clearly beyond the hundreds of yachts.

WW is also the home of the (Antony) Gormley family and Keith Richards had a house here, scene of the Stones' infamous drug bust in 67. I can remember my older brother, Andrew, being tremendously excited by Jagger & co appearing at Chichester Magistrates Courts. He would have been 16 at the time. I was 6 and hadn't got a clue.

No comments:

Post a Comment