Saturday, May 22, 2010

100th post

Home sweet home. We had a stroll around but Rama IV is still sealed off so there was nothing dramatic to see. Got the neighbours' stories but I sense we'll only have a few days before it's back to normality and we'll start missing the communality of phoning & texting everyone and 'being in it all together'.

So ton up... I do wonder about this blog sometimes. It wasn't long ago that I was railing against Facebook and the Me generation. Me, me, me - listen to what I've got to say! And now I'm doing exactly that. l can't be bothered about FB and Twitter, but I like the discipline of near-daily posts. And even Liz is getting into instant messaging on Skype. If you can't beat them, join them.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats to post 100! I'm pretty good in catching up now! But not sure how many accounts I set up now in order to be able to place some comments...maybe once I log out I have to do thge same thing all over again....

    Glad you're home! So luckily there was no looting!

    I agree that a blog like yours is much easier to follow (and less advertising-free and much cleaner) than the facebook-toy. (That's why I only have FB as a fun-tool, lol, I wonder if you don't get annoyed by all the silly stuff I'm commenting there....).

    Wondering what you think about the impact of all those messaging tools on language... I noticed I find myself using "u, ur, lol and :) in horrifying amounts already)

    Will keep it short, already wrote a lot today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you managed to make a post but irritating that you can't use your Yahoo account to do so. The "Comment as:" button only lists Google, LiveJournal, Wordpress, TypePad, AIM, and OpenID. I don't know how to get round this. Anyway, now you have a G(oogle)mail account.
    Wow, extensive comments! Which makes me want to respond now but will have to be later.

    ReplyDelete