Tuesday, March 6, 2012

MM

I've been attempting a new routine of getting home at 7pm in time for dinner and bedtime stories, and then carrying on with work. But tonight I was just too tired so slumped on the sofa to watch a film, My Week with Marilyn. I had a mild obsession (if obsessions can be mild) with MM in the 80s. Watched all the films, bought lots of books, even several records. So I thought I knew all there was to know about her life, but I never clocked this little episode (and let's face it, it was pretty insignficant) during the filming of The Prince and the Showgirl in England in 1956. 

So, a young aristocrat, Colin Clark, joins Laurence Olivier's crew and is asigned the task of looking after MM, lucky chap; but of course has to deal with her infamous lateness and general neuroses. But they get close for a few days and that's it. Great cast: Michelle Williams (a wonderful Marilyn), Kenneth Brannagh, Judy Dench, Emma Watson... but I found Eddie Redmayne (as Clark) a bit wooden. So a slight film, but just what I wanted this evening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment