Thursday, September 2, 2010

Class over

Tomorrow is my last day at language school. It's been an interesting, intensive 4 weeks. The 6 hours a day was exhausting (especially with homework afterwards) so halfway through I reduced it to 4 hours and that actually proved more effective. It's gone OK. Ups and downs. I've enjoyed this week, talking about people and places, and it sort-of clicked, although my tones are all over the place and I can't remember words. Anyway, with a bit of mental prep, I can now string a few mundane sentences together with the most basic of grammar.

Here's my Top 10 Homework Music, by necessity ambient, lyricless and what I happen to have on my iPod:

- Higher Intelligence Agency with Biosphere Birmingham Frequencies
- Vangelis Best of 1970-2002 (own compilation)
- Eno Music for Airports
- Aphex Twin Selected Ambient Works Vol 2
- Heavenly Music Corporation Consciousness III
- Kiln Holo
- Stefan Micus Listen to the Rain
- Paul Schutze Regard: Music by Film
- Simon Fisher Turner Best of (own compilation)
- Steve Hillage Rainbow Dome Musik

1 comment: