Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Top 10 Albums 2009

Time was when I would be hard-pressed to whittle down the scores of contenders for my Top 10 Albums of the year. Alas, a combination of getting older, the differing musical preferences of my family, living in a city with no record shops, being sent great compilations by one particular friend (and not following them up), and preferring the old stuff, means that I am now officially out of touch. However, and in no particular order, I’ve just about managed it:

- Pet Shop Boys Yes etc
- Ryuichi Sakamoto Playing the Piano / out of noise
- Whitetree Cloudland
- Piano Magic Ovations
- Jah Wobble & the Chinese Dub Orchestra Chinese Dub
- Thom Yorke The Eraser RMXS
- Four Tet My Angel Rocks Back and Forth EP
- O Yuki Conjugate OYC25
- Janek Schaefer Phoenix & Phaedra Holding Patterns
- Wire Best Of

The Schaefer one isn’t actually available in any releasable form but you can hear it in all its gorgeousness on his website:
http://www.audioh.com/releases/phoenixandphaedra.html . And the Wire is a cheat as I did it myself. The question is: will I be able to scrape together 10 for ’10?

1 comment:

  1. And I was just about to record you some Sakamoto, but I see you've heard it........

    ReplyDelete